homestead - Re: [Homestead] Wendy moving to Florida...

  • From: "Lisa K. V. Perry" <lkvp AT floydva.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Wendy moving to Florida...
  • Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 12:52:33 -0400

WSM311 AT aol.com wrote:

Heather and I figured out that we have spent a couple of years worth of time in Florida, so it won't be alien....until summer comes! ;-)

Wendy, you can garden in spring and fall. Heck, you'll probably be harvesting veggies about the time you used to plant them in VT. Perhaps you can visit old friends for a bit in VT and get a break from the heat and the humidity. You'll probably also have old friends come visit you at some point during Vermont's long winter. It will be interesting to hear how you adapt to urban/suburban homesteading and your new climate. Good luck on your closing and the move.

Lisa