homestead - Re: [Homestead] real estate and Carla

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] real estate and Carla
  • Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 09:17:02 -0500

At 07:05 AM 10/13/2005 -0400, you wrote:
What are your questions? I am ignorant of values there so can't advise in that regard. Sounds like a good deal to me. Make sure you get a note secured by a deed of trust. As you are about to marry, you should have the note payments paid into an account in Heather's name so it doesn't get mixed with marital funds. +++++++++++++++++++ Thank you Lisa and Gene. I've talked more with the buyers and they are very committed. Here's what they say....... "We aren’t going to wait for appraisals or inspections , we will waive them. We want this as simple and quick as you guys do.

Sounds perfect. I reserve congratulations until after the deed and the deed of trust are recorded and your funds are in your account.

He wants me to sign a pre-nup saying everything that's his is mine, but everything that's mine is only mine. Sigh......

I would do the pre-nup, but each keeps his own at least until you have been married quite a few years. Love is in fact blind. You have a child. Does he? Future legal claims against one of you including taxes would jeopardize community funds. I would keep them separate.