homestead - [Homestead] real estate and Carla

  • From: WSM311 AT aol.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] real estate and Carla
  • Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 07:05:16 EDT

What are your questions? I am ignorant of values there so can't advise in
that regard. Sounds like a good deal to me. Make sure you get a note
secured by a deed of trust. As you are about to marry, you should have the
note payments paid into an account in Heather's name so it doesn't get
mixed with marital funds.
+++++++++++++++++++

Thank you Lisa and Gene. I've talked more with the buyers and they are very
committed. Here's what they say.......

"We aren’t going to wait for appraisals or inspections , we will waive them.
We want this as simple and quick as you guys do. The questions we have will
get answered when we do a walk thru with you, that’s good enough for us."

Each of us knows we are getting a good deal. One of the best parts for me is
they want everything. I can pick out a few things and leave the rest behind,
knowing that they will love the books and tools as much as I did.

My fiance, being a good, proud Mormon, is a bit freaked out that I am coming
to our marriage with my own money. He wants me to sign a pre-nup saying
everything that's his is mine, but everything that's mine is only mine.
Sigh......

Today Heather and I are going RV shopping. I'm going to need a place to live
until Brian and I get married. Since it will be me, Heather, a dog and a cat
on the road, I'm thinking my trusty adventure van has become too small.
Brian IS excited about the RV so we can go on quick camping trips whenever
possible once we get married. Once we get to Florida, Heather is going to
buy her
own little car like a VW Jetta. She wants to do lots of exploring and tent
camping. Next year Heather hopes to go to BYU.

Don & Carla were here the 17th to 19th of September. She did not look well.
Don loves her with all his heart and soul. I feel really bad for him.

Wendy (wsm311 AT aol.com)
Peace and Carrots Farm
Maple Corner, Vermont
http://www.homestead.com/peaceandcarrots/