homestead - [Homestead] Political allegiance, was US and China

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Political allegiance, was US and China
  • Date: Sun, 02 Oct 2005 09:16:46 -0500

I sadly have the idea that for some people, if "their" political
party did it, it's a good thing. No matter what. If the other
political party did it, it's a bad thing. No matter what.

I understand party allegiance as emanating from greed lust for power and/or blind sheeple stupidity. In my politics I am reminded of Tvo, who said he did not ever recite the pledge of allegiance. I switch parties so I can vote in primaries. I have voted for members of several parties. I have zero party allegiance. I am a sovereign American and I will damn well vote for whichever individual I think is best for my country.

It is becoming very hard to be enthusiastic about someone to vote for. The higher the office the greater the compromises a candidate must make.

We need serious campaign finance reform. We need a cleansing revolution. We could do that at the voting booths.

Please consider the effect of always voting against incumbents unless you feel they have proved themselves to be statesmen/stateswomen/statespeople who are willing to risk not being reelected by standing true to their principles.