homestead - [Homestead] Homestead Security

  • From: "Dave" <einstein AT techline.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] Homestead Security
  • Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 09:51:19 -0700

My homestead is very remote. However, I have a driveable road around 3 sides
of my land. I used to think this was an advantage for access but now I know
it provides too much access for others. I've periodically been losing forest
products. Have recovered some of my loses in the past but things are getting
worse. Most recently, two of my cows were pushed out of my place, shot, and
butchered out in the woods. I'm thinking of installing some kind of camera
which would take a picture of any vehicle traveling by so if I had a problem
I could maybe have a picture of the vehicle that might have caused it. Any
ideas? Anyone use cameras for this type of use? Would be interested in any
other suggestions one might have. So far, they've stayed out of the house
and barns, the dogs may help but I think I need something more now. Thanks
for any suggestions.