homestead - Re: [Homestead] Notes From the Farm (July-August 2005)

  • From: djwarren AT aeneas.net
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Notes From the Farm (July-August 2005)
  • Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2005 09:17:53 -0500

Quoting Bill Jones <billj AT harborside.com>:

> Just one, and it doesn't even get a full day of sun. I'm getting about
> a gallon a week from it, and now they're all going into the freezer.
> Hopefully it's just a glimpse of future greatness...

The strawberry picture is enticing but it is hard to tell the dimensions from
the picture. Can you supply directions on the construction?

Second question - I planted a bed of (name forgotten but the roots are used
in
stir fry) and I don't know when to harvest them. The tops are falling over
now in zone 7. Help? I bought 3 plants after reading your notes about
vegetables which come back.

Donna, Tennessee

This mail sent by Aeneas Webmail: http://www.aeneas.net