homestead - Re: [Homestead] The use of R.C.W. in agriculture

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] The use of R.C.W. in agriculture
  • Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 14:15:55 -0700

Check with your local community resources director of DOA. Lots of counties have gotten federal funding to reduce fire fuel. They are going around chipping brush for folks at no cost.

We cleared all 12 acres of brush and they came out and spent a morning chipping it all. Now we have lots of nice chip. We are going to go down the road and ask the ladies who have the dog kennel if they'd like us to help them with their clean up after logging. If they do want the help, then we'll get the county guys out there also and get another pile of chips.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Gene GeRue" <genegerue AT ruralize.com>

As for chipping or crushing limbs in the forest or collecting twigs and
small branches, I see no way to do it economically.