homestead - Re: [Homestead] Will this bruschetta sauce kill me?

  • From: Rob <becida AT comcast.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Will this bruschetta sauce kill me?
  • Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 18:06:34 -0700

At 8/11/2005 09:54 AM, you wrote:

But an acid ph is no magic killer of deadly bacteria
so you better watch out. The lid going up signals
fermentation which signals bacterial activity. So
every time you eat it you are playing bacterial
Russian Roulette: is it a deadly bacteria this time ?

First off, I don't know what bruschetta sauce is.
The second thing is I have been poisoned by food before. A VERY memorable night on the floor in the bathroom. VERY memorable. (I know what happens when there is nothing left to puke or shit but the body keeps on trying & trying & trying).
Memorable enough that I would NEVER have to wonder if it was 'bad' or not.
"When in doubt toss it out" is my motto. I'd toss it as I never want to go through that again... Never.

Good luck Gene!

Rob

becida AT comcast.net
Western Washington State, USA