homestead - [Homestead] Will this bruschetta sauce kill me?

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: "homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org" <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] Will this bruschetta sauce kill me?
  • Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 11:51:19 -0700

Homestead chemist question: I buy fresh bruschetta sauce and keep it in the refrigerator. It is in a plastic container, with the typical safety seal on the inside of the plastic cover. After a couple days, the top plastic cover pushes up, an obvious fermentation sign. Smells okay, tastes okay, I eat it and haven't died so far. Anyone have an idea of how long before it turns into something lethal?