homestead - Re: [Homestead] The New America

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] The New America
  • Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2005 15:00:59 -0700

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or
prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech,
or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to
petition the government for a redress of grievances."

How in the world is Judith Smith protected by the first amendment? Nothing
is stopping her from saying anything she wants. Nor does the first
amendment say anything about protecting sources.

Sorry, Judith Smith and crew will get no sympathy from me. They were fully
aware of what they were doing and that it was all for the political benefit
of certain people. Why in the world should there be special privileges for
these people?

This is no different than the anonymous callers to CPS or the folks who
turned people in to the McCarthy/Red List, all because of spite or
vindictiveness.

Lynda