homestead - Re: [Homestead] To worry or not to worry . . .

  • From: Rob <becida AT comcast.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] To worry or not to worry . . .
  • Date: Sun, 05 Jun 2005 08:30:37 -0700

At 6/5/2005 08:05 AM, you wrote:

Found at:
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/06/05/magazine/05WWLN.html

It's a good time to be a financial-disaster writer. Disasters abound, and even when they don't, people are eager for your opinion on when the next bubble is going to pop. Scarcely a day goes by without a warning of some dire calamity -- in the dollar, in housing values, in pension funds. The way people crave financial info, we must be the best-informed, most economically literate society ever. But we do not sleep any better for it. Is all the anxiety warranted, or even productive?

Anybody but me read "State of Fear" by Michael Crichton?

Rob
becida AT comcast.net