homestead - Re: [Homestead] DIY lumbermill

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] DIY lumbermill
  • Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2005 15:18:40 -0700

When we sold our meat market we sold our big band saw to an old gentleman
who used it as a sawmill. He bought one of those "things" they use at the
post office/UPS/FedEx to run packages. Lots of metal wheels and things just
roll along them. He said the package "thingy" (sorry guys I haven't a clue
what they are called) made it real easy to move the logs right along. He
made a "frame," kinda looked like the sides of a logging truck, that was
adjustable and it kept the log feeding evenly. Worked pretty good. He
built a barn and then a house for his son using this thing.

He said that he'd tried it before but the frame and the thing he rolled the
log along on are what made it really "work" for him the second time.

Lynda