homestead - Re: [Homestead] How the US Empire operates,

  • From: "Melody O." <melody AT crecon.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] How the US Empire operates,
  • Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 18:55:58 -0600

At 03:28 PM 5/18/05 -0700, you wrote:

>>. . . to understand Samuel Adams means to know that
>>he was a rabble rouser. He stirred people up to discontent and sometimes
>>didn't know when to hush. He was definately not a mediator like Benjamin
>>Franklin was, and was more determined than Thomas Paine.
>
>And he failed at business. It's a wonder he didn't become president.

LOL! I don't think the people could have stood him, but that hasn't
stopped many of our presidents either did it? And nobody would have cared
how he looked on t.v. because there wasn't any yet. Sounds like he would
have had a chance in today's world except for the fact that he preferred
freedom to government nannies.

Best wishes,
Melody