homestead - Re: [Homestead] Another ID

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Another ID
  • Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 19:25:10 -0700

There are two types of "tulip" trees. Those in America and the Chinese.
The ones in America are sometimes referred to as yellow poplar but are
really a type of magnolia. Within the species are about a half-dozen
subspecies but I think they all need to be at least 10 years old (most 15 to
20 years) to bloom and they are all relatively large trees.

I'm thinking this might actually be some type of shrub?

Lynda