homestead - Re: [Homestead] The True State of the Economy

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] The True State of the Economy
  • Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 17:53:18 -0700

Layoffs and Closings in Bushworld

The other thing I wanted to say is that today's world economy affects each of us in our work, our purchase costs, our quality of life. Jobs are moving, laws are changing, technology is empowering, production is waning and waxing all over the world, some up and some down. As Bill Clinton advised years ago, workers should expect and prepare themselves to change jobs many times over their working lifetime. My view on appropriate planning has not changed. Make the money where you can, pay off your land loan, learn skills, buy tools, become as food and energy independent as possible. Don't pay interest except on real estate and education. Let the rest of the world live in fear and frenzy. Live the homestead life.