homestead - Re: [Homestead] The True State of the Economy

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] The True State of the Economy
  • Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 17:45:55 -0700

Layoffs and Closings in Bushworld

I am not against a bit of Bush pruning from time to time, but I think this is over the top. Presidents don't control the economy. Yes, things they do--tax cuts or new tax implementation, for instance--create conditions that the various parts of an economy, from households to large financial entities, must adjust to. But by and large, the state of an economy derives from the conditions for production and the psychological reactions of consumers to the various parts of their lives.