homestead - Re: [Homestead] The True State of the Economy

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] The True State of the Economy
  • Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 19:58:16 EST

> I am not against a bit of Bush pruning from time to time, but I think this
> is over the top. Presidents don't control the economy.

> But by and large, the state of an economy derives
> from the conditions for production and the psychological reactions of
> consumers to the various parts of their lives.

I was thinking much the same thing. I can think of no economic decisions of
the past two presidents that I though were a good thing. But with the
possible exceptions on NAFTA and GAT, presidents really don't influence the
economy
all that much. If the economy picks up, I will be the last to attibute it to
Bush.

I read through the list of closings and layoffs and at each one I was
thinking .... "The president is influencing this ..... how??"

James