homestead - Re: [Homestead] Something to muse on

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Something to muse on
  • Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 09:29:09 -0800

It's the parents. I never can wrap my mind around these folks that go on
television with a 12 yo dressed like a red light district street walker,
moaning about how their kid is dressed. HELLO! Who put up the cash to buy
the trash?

We have all the current toys, video games, walkman, etc. However, youngest
current has taken over the diningroom table with a jigsaw puzzle. She
routinely asks for web surfing time for coloring pages, scrapbooking "stuff"
and, speaking of paperdolls, paperdoll pages. We've printed out and made
paperdoll ballarinas, Victorian paperdolls, 50s paperdolls, etc.

She curls up next to the woodstove and reads books (just finished with Julie
of the Wolves). She's learning to bake "fancy stuff" now because she asked.

She reads food labels and doesn't ask for junk because she knows it is junk.

I'm currently latchhooking a rug, DH paints at night, we both read, read,
read. Would she asks for things if she had never seen them? I doubt it.

It's the parents!

Lynda