homestead - Re: [Homestead] Mother's Against the Draft

  • From: Rob <becidawa AT hctc.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Mother's Against the Draft
  • Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 23:06:00 -0800

At 2/13/2005 08:29 PM, Gene asked:

Something lacking in my education--how does he pull that off? Can a president issue a presidential order to spend, say, two hundred billion dollars on an optional war without authorization from Congress? I think not. So, how is it happening? Are all of the president's party enthralled? Are all of the opposition party afraid to disagree with votes? How the hell is this happening? Have we arrived at a dictatorship?

Congress keeps borrowing the money he asks for.

Rob
becidawa AT hctc.com