homestead - Re: [Homestead] Mother's Against the Draft

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Mother's Against the Draft
  • Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 21:29:54 -0700

tvoivozhd---my opinion exactly. I despise people that run away from responsibility, military or social. However a draft is unfair unless it applies to all combat age people and the military currently has no
place for several million draftees, not to mention the fact thie Bush is the only President in our history to refuse to pay the cost of a war with taxes---the irresponsible SOB would load all the costs on the shoulders of our grandkids.

Something lacking in my education--how does he pull that off? Can a president issue a presidential order to spend, say, two hundred billion dollars on an optional war without authorization from Congress? I think not. So, how is it happening? Are all of the president's party enthralled? Are all of the opposition party afraid to disagree with votes? How the hell is this happening? Have we arrived at a dictatorship?