homestead - Re: Just plain skewed priorities Was: RE: [Homestead] Bush skewed prorities, so many I can, t keeptrack

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Just plain skewed priorities Was: RE: [Homestead] Bush skewed prorities, so many I can, t keeptrack
  • Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 08:21:00 -0700

Parking our car catty-cornered across a slot seems to be one of the few
moves which protects the car.

No, your earlier statement is best: park in the west 40. We all need the exercise.

How do we protect our other property?
And our privacy?

Perfect property protection is like perfect security, no such thing. You think about it and take the best precautions you can. I had to haul my best stuff out here because teens were having a lark breaking into our house back home.

As for privacy, you have to get way out in the boonies. Heartwood is, but even there, the only time we have total privacy is when the road is ice-impassible or the stream is at high flood. But then, the skeptic will ask, how about a medical emergency, where you have to get out? Well, that is why the gods invented helicopters.

After I build the dam, creating the pond, the entry road will go over the dam. Chris wants me to install an electric gate at the far side.