homestead - Re: Just plain skewed priorities Was: RE: [Homestead] Bush skewedprorities, so many I can, t keeptrack

  • From: "Melody O." <melody AT crecon.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Just plain skewed priorities Was: RE: [Homestead] Bush skewedprorities, so many I can, t keeptrack
  • Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2005 19:44:04 -0700

At 08:47 PM 2/9/05 -0500, you wrote:
>How do we protect our other property?
>And our privacy?

I feel like a broken record, and I'm sure you all are sick of hearing my
same point. But it is relevant...again.

It starts with little children. Most of them are placed in public schools.
What do they learn there? If they throw paper down, a janitor will sweep
it up. If they play in the soap in the bathroom and make a mess, the
janitor will clean it up. If they don't want to eat all their food, they
can stuff the leftovers into the milk carton and smash the milk carton and
spew its contents onto the tray and it will make lots of other kids laugh
and the lunch ladies will clean it up. If they want to write on the
bathroom stall, no one can see them so they get away with it. If they get
bored in class they will wipe bugers or write on their desk and the teacher
will wash them off. All that *if* they don't get caught. And with large
classroom sizes, they usually don't.

They can do whatever they want as long as they don't get caught. That is
the mantra that will be carried over into all aspects of life unless
someone teaches them otherwise. Hopefully that someone will do it lovingly
and will be someone important to them. It used to be Mom and Dad, ok,
mostly Mom. But today too many Moms and Dads are too busy to take time to
teach the Golden Rule of "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you".

So in answer to your question of "How do we protect our other property?
And our privacy?", it all starts with teaching a child.

Best wishes,
Melody