homestead - Re: [Homestead] Morning thought

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Morning thought
  • Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2005 15:37:37 -0700

as it stands, the government doesn't *own* businesses.

The federal government owns the military, which is one helluva business. I believe it is also the biggest employer in the country.

The government would not own the stocks, bonds, etc. in the system I proffered. The SS trust fund would. The trustees would manage the funds for the owners of the system, you, me and the rest of the people who support the system.

What you should be concerned about is that Wall Street owns the president and the D.C. Whorehouse.