homestead - Re: [Homestead] Morning thought

  • From: Mark Rousseau <markrousseau AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Morning thought
  • Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2005 10:22:15 -0500

This is what I'm thinking. It should be much more efficient to invest a large pool than to break it up into zillion's of little accounts which suck up commisisons fees and whatever else they want to charge for the micro accounts. Giving the SS admins the authority to shift money around would let them chase the current golden goose.

Gene GeRue wrote:

If investing in stocks and bonds is superior to the present system, why doesn't the government simply invest our Social Security funds there?

The present system has very low overhead. I am coming to see the Bush proposal for personal investment accounts as only benefiting those who would receive management fees.