homestead - [Homestead] Lifting the U.S. load in Iraq a little

  • From: tvoivozhd <tvoivozd AT infionline.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Lifting the U.S. load in Iraq a little
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 12:07:31 -0500

A drop in the bucket in U.S. costs which ultimately could be a trillion dollars across the necessary years of stabilizing and rebuilding. But any help is welcome. My cup floweth over if a Chirac tax were passed in Iraq so France had to cough up some money to compensate the U.S. for the military cost of keeping Mideast oil flowing to the French. Not likely---as Georgie Patton said, "I'd rather have a German Division in front of me, than a French Division behind me."

* Iraq to invest $3.75 billion in oil refineries * <http://www.worldtribune.com/worldtribune/05/front2453391.0458333334.html>
BAGHDAD — Iraq plans to invest $3.75 billion to construct and modernize oil refineries. An Iraqi government plan urged the Oil Ministry to make the construction and modernization of refineries a priority in 2005. The plan said Iraq was not obtaining revenues from its refineries, estimated at $5.2 billion a year.
/SPECIAL TO WORLD TRIBUNE.COM/

  • [Homestead] Lifting the U.S. load in Iraq a little, tvoivozhd, 01/25/2005