homestead - Re: [Homestead] I'll second that

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] I'll second that
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 09:10:04 -0800

I didn't read the reply to Tvo's post cause, well, ya know <g>

However, there is a fallacy here. Most newspapers don't hire kids to throw
papers anymore. They hire adults who make upwards to $1200 a month for
working 2 hours a day. That works out to $20/hr. Not bad money!

Kids working at Micky Ds don't generally have to pay rent, etc. Making
$6.75/hr (at least in CA), isn't bad for kids who aren't qualified to hold a
job that pays more. In fact, seems to me, most of them aren't really
qualified to hold the job at Micky Ds, so they really are getting charity to
some degree!

Also, self-employeed folks aren't a business as used by FDR.

Lynda
If ignorance is bliss why aren't more people happy?