homestead - Re: [Homestead] Question for Clanskeen

  • From: "clanSkeen" <sgian AT planetc.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Question for Clanskeen
  • Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 22:35:04 -0500

He
cited one stat that claimed Tenncare was taking a full third of the state
budget.

I'm thinking it's more like: if the reforms are not put into place it would soon take 1/3 of the budget to fund it. But even that isn't so remarkable. Tennessee is a small state population wise, and the state government doesn't get involved in a lot of things that take money. We have no state income tax. So even 1/3 the budget isn't as much as one might think.

But you are very correct on one thing, if social medicine is going to work (and I think it is inevitable), there are going to have to be serious constraints on it.

James