homestead - RE: [Homestead] Question for Clanskeen

  • From: "WF Smith" <WarrenSmith AT PalmettoBuilders.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Homestead] Question for Clanskeen
  • Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 22:11:06 -0500

Thanks for the rundown. You provided more detail than our local guy did but
the gist was the same. I should have asked the question offlist. The radio
host here is a guy named Ralph Bristol, and he seems unafraid to tick off
anyone. He listed many of the similar abuses and statistics you did. He
cited one stat that claimed Tenncare was taking a full third of the state
budget.

I am going to excuse myself from this discussion and do a little reading. On
the face of it socialized medicine does not look viable at this time without
a LOT of controls. Personally, I am in agreement with you in that "promoting
the general welfare" has nothing to do with paying doctor's bills.

Thanks,
Warren
---