homestead - [Homestead] Going to Missouri to look at land

  • From: "Clint Novak" <cnovak AT cns.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] Going to Missouri to look at land
  • Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 09:32:40 -0600

We're going to Missouri this next week, spending 3-4 days in South
Central Missouri attempting to get an idea of what we can buy, for how
much and what the different areas look like.
Gene, I contacted Charlie Unkie, but he has not gotten back to me, so
I'll attempt to stop by and get some area information from him.
Carol and I are pretty excited, but we have yet to get a response from
anybody I sent queries out to. This time of year is especially good for
seeing property without it being obscured by vegetation. We're not
exactly ready to buy land yet, but if the perfect piece were to show up
I'd like to hope we could put a down payment and get a loan. I plan to
stop at some of the local banks, possibly decide on one to open an
account at, but I'm not quite sure how to start a loan approval
process(pre-approval?). It's a long drive from Minnesota to Missouri
but the weather is supposed to be fair and it looks like Missouri is
usually about 10-15 degrees warmer, just like summer.
Any hints on how to maximize my few days there would be appreciated. I
plan to stop at some real estate places and hopefully have them send me
to some properties, drive around some of the towns to get a feel for
them, otherwise just bumble around on some lesser roads looking at the
scenery and drinking Mountain Dew, lots of Dew. We hope to see some
land situated on a creek or river, but I've only found one advertised at
this point. Most of the online MLS land has been there for months, so
either it's not selling or the site isn't being updated(more likely).

Clint