homestead - Re: [Homestead] No till, no planting, no pruning, no work tomatoes

  • From: "clanSkeen" <sgian AT planetc.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] No till, no planting, no pruning, no work tomatoes
  • Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004 16:58:06 -0500

All this just shows that God knows more about planting than we do...

Sorry, Ray, but He doesn't. He's always showing up around here for gardening advice. He's a little embarrassed about screwing up that first garden and so I suppose it isn't general knowledge, but He shows up at some people's gardens to get pointers. Does it all the time here. Of course I always offer Him a beer, so that may have something to do with it. I was replacing the cover on one of the green houses today and there He was flipping through the seed catalogs and asking about different varieties. I was busy so I just nodded or shook my head and He marked the entries. He asked when I was going to plant the Alpine strawberries as He wanted to see how that was done. I told him around solstice and He smiled, took me a minute to realize that's when the full malt batch of beer will be ripe. Ah, what a Kidder! At least He's not still miffed that when I let Him plant half the pumpkins last midsummer, mine turned out almost twice as big as His.

James