homestead - [Homestead] Re: Notes From The Farm

  • From: Bill Jones <billj AT harborside.com>
  • To: Homestead mailing list digest <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] Re: Notes From The Farm
  • Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 00:43:31 -0800

Rob:

You used my post to have a swipe at W., hence the reference to the ususal bickering of C's and L's. I'm hoping to drawn the line somewhat differently.

As vehemently as Pat Buchanan is opposing the PNAC, there's no way he or I would want Kerry's love beads, open borders, and the endless flow of tax dollars into the pockets of malpractice attorneys as the alternative.

Pat seemed to actually believe that a third possibility exists, that of a Bush presidency without the PNAC. He pointed to a speech that W. made early on, in which he called for more restraint in the deployment of our military abroad.

On the other subject, the reasoning behind Spencer Wells's work is complicated, and one just has to read it. I should mention that I made a mistake in the math, and it's actually about 1200 generations back until you get to the central Asian Ice People, the common ancestors of northern Europeans and all non-Athabascan indians.

Lynda:

I know cyanide is in almonds. I think a bottle of almond flavoring is not a bottle of cyanide, but a larger non-toxic organic compound that smells the same. The name escapes me. But these two molecules that have the same wiggle rate (vibrational frequency), despite their totally different shapes, and thus the same smell.

Bill