homestead - [Homestead] Build it right the first time

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: "homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org" <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] Build it right the first time
  • Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2004 10:35:37 -0700

"After a fire, hurricane, flood, or earthquake we immediately declare that this was a natural disaster, an act of God. Then we ask if we have insurance, or how soon will the government or U.N. come to help? And these are repeated and echoed in the media around the globe over and over again. But these are not the right questions. The right question is why did our house burn, fall apart, or get swept away? And when we have the chance to re-build it, why should we build it the same way and in the same place? Ultimately "natural disasters" are human created disasters blamed on nature."

This is a quote from Nader Khalili, the extraordinary architect of uncommon sense and sensibilities. Should you be contemplating a new building it will be worth your while to visit, view and read at his web site:
http://www.calearth.org/