homestead - Re: [Homestead] ... books ...

  • From: "Toni Hawryluk" <tonihawr AT msn.com>
  • To: "Homestead mailing list" <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] ... books ...
  • Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 11:57:33 -0800

----- Original Message ----- From: Gene GeRue<mailto:genegerue AT ruralize.com>

>Well, I have huge applause for Mr. Carnegie's efforts (snip)

Andrew Carnegie, the man who had no children

of his own has provided access to the written word

for millions of children over generations of time, and

for many adults who could not then *or now*

afford to *buy*.

While I was employed, books were my 'luxury'

purchase - I still buy an occasional book even

now - but *after* I've read it from the library

so I *know* it's 'worth the money'.