homestead - Re: [Homestead] Conversations with Gene---natural foods will kill you

  • From: "clanSkeen" <sgian AT planetc.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Conversations with Gene---natural foods will kill you
  • Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 11:48:08 -0500

Tvo,

Gene's thinking (in your 'conversations' at least) is quite in line with the conventional wisdom. In talking with someone in the healthcare profession who was rigorously defending using liver-toxic chemicals to lower blood cholesterol, I pointed out that long term use is increasingly shown to cause permanent liver damage predisposing the patient to a number of debilitating and life threatening diseases.

HCP: But the statistics clearly show that people on these drugs have a significantly decreased risk of dying of heart disease.

Me: But that's because the drugs are do toxic, they are dying of something else first.

HCP: Doesn't matter. They aren't dying of heart disease so the drugs work.

It reminds me of one of Rodney Dangerfield's bits: "I asked my doctor to give me something to stop me from aging. He handed me a pistol."

James