homestead - Re: [Homestead] Fine book by Richard Dawkins, University of Oxford biologist

  • From: Don Bowen <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Fine book by Richard Dawkins, University of Oxford biologist
  • Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 16:08:01 -0800

At 11/29/2004, Gene GeRue wrote:
a short history of nearly everything" by Bill Bryson.

I've been meaning to buy that book. Although I should probably be miffed because Bryson declined to write a blurb for my book. My editor thought he would be good, as he had some success with A Walk in the Woods. What do editors know?

He has several books out and appears to be back in England. I do like his writting but not his attitude sometimes. He is from DesMoines Iowa but in some of his wittings tends to look down on us provincials..

Don Bowen
Awl Knotted Up Woodworking
Valley Center, CA http://www.braingarage.com