homestead - Re: [Homestead] Fine book by Richard Dawkins, University of Oxford biologist

  • From: Don Bowen <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Fine book by Richard Dawkins, University of Oxford biologist
  • Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 11:29:45 -0800

At 11/29/2004, you wrote:
In a study published today in the journal /Science/, a team of researchers says the universe is between 11.2 billion and 20 billion years old.

I presume this means the universe as we now perceive it. Nothing comes from nothing, so some form of universe always existed.

Not necessarily, in the big bang theory we start from nothing and end in nothing. The universe is circular so as we expand we are also contracting. Eventually we will contract to such a large mass that it will implode into nothing and give birth to the next big bang.

Don Bowen
Awl Knotted Up Woodworking
Valley Center, CA http://www.braingarage.com