homestead - Re: [Homestead] Khaleej Times

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Khaleej Times
  • Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 11:39:27 -0700

AFTER five days of fierce fighting in Fallujah, the US and Iraqi
forces have declared that the battle is almost over, barring a few
pockets of resistance.

Much the same words as were put out on April 9, 2003, though not nearly as compelling as the Mission Accomplished photo op on May 2nd.

We are very good at military invasion, using bombs, boys and girls to kill other boys and girls and obliterate buildings. We are less good at reason, diplomacy, planning, preparation. Did I mention respect?

A bonanza for construction companies. Keep your wallets open. You pay.