homestead - Re: [Homestead]more than two Americas

  • From: DSanner106 AT aol.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead]more than two Americas
  • Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 21:54:08 EST

In a message dated 11/11/2004 3:10:56 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
lurine AT softcom.net writes:

Drew, you are playing into the word games. Pro-choice. Not all folks who
think women should be in charge of their bodies are by default pro-abortion.
Lots of them don't approve of abortion but don't feel that anyone else has
the right to make that decision for someone else. They would no more have
an abortion than they would sprout wings and fly.

Also, you are looking at the "get out of our bedrooms and wombs" from the
wrong angle. Women who are pro-life are just as likely to want government
out of their bedrooms and wombs. They think Roe v Wade is "government"
intrusion into their bedrooms and wombs.

Where the rub comes is from the folks who want "their" bible in everyone's
bedroom and womb.

Subtle difference but a difference just the same and what is driving the
division and word games.

Actually, that is pretty much my point, not all folks are not all folks. Not
all women are
any one way and cannot be lumped together. Not all pro life people are
identical,
nor are all pro abortion. By the same token, there are millions of bible
readers with their
own interpretation of what they are reading, and a million sets of
corresponding beliefs.
I just don't like to see the statements, so general , that they can't
possibly be true.

Drew