homestead - [Homestead] tofu

  • From: Sasha <mrkflux AT sezampro.yu>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] tofu
  • Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 01:38:48 -0800

Someone from family has recently bought imported soy milk in dry
condition,its
very expensive ( by our standards) 100 g is about 1,30 euros.Since I am the
only one in sight who uses internet for such researchig thing I have
discovered that soya bean costs 1/100 part of this price ,I have found that
soya milk is just pulverized soya beans.Right?
Next amazing thing I have discovered is that tofu is made with calcium
sulphate - isnt that the other name of plaster ?So the question is can tofu
be made with plaster for coagulant.Sorry if this sounds stupid...

Sasha ,living in land of cheap soya beans ,where soy milk is imported from
far
away ...