homestead - Re: [Homestead] burning hell on earth, never mind religion ...

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] burning hell on earth, never mind religion ...
  • Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2004 13:58:20 -0700

The White House said Monday it would not comment on the scientific review and would await a final report next year that includes input from diplomats. "This is one draft of a report that has yet to be finished," White House spokesman Trent Duffy said.

In other words, politics based on campaign contributions, not science, will make the U.S. decision. How's this for a future scenario: the rest of the world embraces policies to save the world as we know it from the rising temperatures, the U.S. refuses to go along with it, the rest of the world preemptively invades us and takes us over, using the survival of human civilization and the Iraq invasion as the legal justification. Of course this will all happen, say, fifty years from now and those who made the political decisions today will be dead. Like the president says, posterity will be the judge of his policies, and that will be after he is dead. What, me worry?