homestead - [Homestead] terrorists ? or protesters ?

  • From: "Toni Hawryluk" <tonihawr AT msn.com>
  • To: "Homestead mailing list" <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] terrorists ? or protesters ?
  • Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2004 10:10:20 -0800

Try a different way of "looking" :

When people kill other people - outside
"agreed-to" wars as opposed to inflicted wars,
such as the one in Iraq - it's been called
"murder", which is what happened at Ground
Zero.

And continues to happen as "terrorists"
continue to *murder* - this is *neither"
"suicide" nor "martyrdom" *in my 'book'*
when one takes some 'other-and-unwilling
person/s life along with one when one
decides to be terminally *stupid* -
and murderous.

When people kill themselves for whatever
reason, it's "suicide" as long as they confine
the 'ending' to them selves.

When people commit suicide for a reason
other than personal - I see *that* as
martyrdom.

America - meet the first 'martyr', if only in
the media, of the 2004 stolen-again-with-
the-help-of-*stupid*-voters election :

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6428499/

Man commits suicide at ground zero

25-year-old reportedly distraught over President Bush's reelection

The Associated Press

Updated: 8:43 a.m. ET Nov. 7, 2004

NEW YORK - A 25-year-old from Georgia who was apparently distraught over
President Bush's re-election shot and killed himself at ground zero.

Andrew Veal's body was found Saturday morning inside the off-limits site,
said Steve Coleman, a spokesman for the Port Authority of New York and New
Jersey. A shotgun was found nearby, but no suicide note was found, Coleman
said.

Newsday, citing a police source it did not identify, reported Sunday that
Veal opposed the war in Iraq and was apparently distraught after the election.

Friends said Veal worked in a computer lab at the University of Georgia and
was planning to marry.

"I'm absolutely sure it's a protest," Mary Anne Mauney, Veal's supervisor at
the lab, told The Daily News. "I don't know what made him commit suicide, but
where he did it was symbolic."

Police were investigating how Veal entered the former World Trade Center
site, which is protected by high fences and owned by the Port Authority.

© 2004 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be
published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.