homestead - Re: [Homestead] steaming up again

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] steaming up again
  • Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2004 21:58:43 -0800

----- Original Message -----
From: Daniel Van; Kelley <daniel-kelley AT cox.net>

As to the Patriot Act, if we were some third world
> country, we would be in big trouble. Here in this country the Patriot Act
> will be put aside when its abuse becomes apparent and common knowledge.
> That is who we are.

***Oh, kinda like the income tax?

That is why we are hated by the rest of the world.

***We are hated because we can't mind our own business and keep messing in
the lives of others. We weren't hated in the Middle East until 1953.
Please read your history.

We
> will always overcome our problems and mistakes.

***No, we are more likely to do what we have always done. Sweep it under
the rug, pretend it didn't happen or blame someone else.