homestead - Re: [Homestead] Shipping container portable houses, storage

  • From: "Toni Hawryluk" <tonihawr AT msn.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Shipping container portable houses, storage
  • Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2004 16:31:58 -0800

Tvo wrote :
> They aren't lovely to look at, but you can't beat them for price and
> utility. My Fruehauf cost $750 shipped from Norfolk area and set in place
> on steel pipes.

http://www.escapeartist.com/OREQ4/Nomadic_Housing2000_4.html<http://www.escapeartist.com/OREQ4/Nomadic_Housing2000_4.html>
(Shipping Container mobile home, storage---cheap, long-lived, easy to move
and set up, take down.)

Just thinking about the mobile homes in Florida -
had some of them been 'built' from these, and
*anchored* correctly, seems like they could
withstand hurricanes .... having them partly
buried or earth bermed up the sides would also
cut the wind force and prevent them being
turned over, wouldn't it ??