homestead - Re: [Homestead] OK - I've stopped steaming ...

  • From: "clanSkeen" <sgian AT planetc.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] OK - I've stopped steaming ...
  • Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2004 15:54:20 -0500

Toni writes:

- - - so now I can ask calmly :

Did it ever occur to those geniuses who boast
about *not* voting for the __it in the Whore House",

and *also* not voting for Kerry,

Us geniuses in above said category don't see a whit of difference between having Bush in the Whore House and having Kerry in there. As we have said, it was a false choice all along. Events that are shaping the future of us all are being determined, as to paraphrase Hamlet, "more things in heaven and earth than are contianed in your politics."

I'm glad to have the benefit of the results of the election that it has quelled a lot of the yammering, but on the things that are in play determining the quality of your life (or lack thereof, alas) Kerry and Bush are identical and did not even address or acknowledge. I would feel no different about the prospects for our country and the world had Kerry been elected.

All us geniuses added together (independent voters) didn't add up to flautulence in a hurricane and we knew it wouldn't. In my case, the state was going to go for Bush no matter, and it did by a wide margin. Had we had all the Saints and Apostles backing us up from behind, we would not have cleared 1% of the vote, and we knew that.

The thing I disliked the most about Bush is that he is essentially so much like Kerry. The thing (among others) that I disliked the most by far about Kerry was that he was so much like Bush.

It was a false choice. There was no real choice in the offing this time. A sure looser is not a real choice. Patience, Iago!

James