homestead - Re: [Homestead] What was left out

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] What was left out
  • Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 09:22:22 -0800

----- Original Message -----
From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>

> This thankfully-almost-over presidential campaign will be remembered in
> different ways by different partisans. Adjectives such as unfair, odious,
> undignified and shameful seem naive, unsophisticated, old-fashioned, and
> worse, inadequate. I will remember it as a jerky grade-B movie, with as
> many dishonorable as uplifting moments.
>
> I will remember it as falling short of open discourse about important
> matters. We the people endured mundane matters so trivial as to be
> nonsensical. We were treated to columnists discussing the opinions of
other
> columnists who were rapt over the words of TV talking heads and radio show
> hosts, who led us down the back alleyways, the underbelly of the political
> beast. The media appears to be seeking its lowest commercially acceptable
> level.
>
> One of the issues in need of an open airing that never made it to
> mainstream discussion is secrecy in government. Our form of government
only
> works when we the people know what's going on, so we can keep an eye on >
what our leaders are doing, so we can follow the Jeffersonian admonition
> that the price of freedom is eternal vigilance.
=====
DH was watching something on ABC last night and I was totally shocked. They
had someone from the RNC and someone from the DNC. The guy from the DNC had
some flyers that were sent to black voters. The guy from the RNC said he
hadn't seen any flyers. The guy from the DNC handed him a flyer. The guy
from the RNC tossed the flyer aside, shrugged and said something to the
effect that his office hadn't been responsible.

HELLO! I don't care who is responsible, EVERYONE should be concerned about
scare tactics!

That is what is wrong with this election more than anyother. It is a win at
all costs and damn the consequences!