homestead - Re: [Homestead] Was: Recieved this

  • From: "Paul Hillman" <chris_hillman AT msn.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Was: Recieved this
  • Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 13:54:55 -0500

Hi,
My wife is a Nurse Practitioner and former clinic director. She feels
it
is getting infected by your description, and is not sure you can continue
treat it on your own. Not being able to see it, she recommends you get it
evaluated and it may need anti-biotics. She is not big on prescribing them,
but if
the foot is in danger, better not to fool around with it. Any other
discriptions or symptoms?

Drew
Thanks Drew,

This happened 5 days ago. I guess it's a 2nd degree burn.

I keep soaking it with "Bactine" antibiotic, and apply pads coated with
Neosporin, as per a pharmacist's suggestion, about 3 times a day.

I don't think I detect any sign of infection. It seems to be attempting to
"scab-over" better now.

Someone told me that they had a similar burn and said to use Hydrogen
Peroxide but left without explaining any particulars.

You know the high-cost of "medical" today, it's all over the "campaign
trails" these days, and news. Eventhough this is a burn of a serious nature,
I would attempt to treat it myself, until infection would/might actually
set-in.

A doctor would probably prescribe oral, or other, antibiotics, but topical
treatment would probably be not much different than what I'm attempting to do?

Paul Hillman