homestead - Re: [Homestead] H-1B, L-1 visas

  • From: Don Bowen <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] H-1B, L-1 visas
  • Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 10:54:07 -0700

At 10/14/2004, you wrote:
Endangered species: US programmers
Yes I read this and oh boy is it so depressing. I work as a programmer and all the work I've done to make things easier in my company to work from home so that I can live a rural lifestyle is probably going to bite me in the paycheck as they switch from me to some cheap foreign worker.

I'm not ready to make the jump to another career yet but am looking for other options that will work for me.

Until three years ago I was a software engineer. I even had my own company for a while but business died because of offshoring, imported programmers, and age. I now have my own business doing woodworking, stained glass installations, and home repair.

Don Bowen
Awl Knotted Up Woodworking
Valley Center, CA http://www.braingarage.com