homestead - Re: [Homestead] Most notorious junkie in U.S. can't hide evidence

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Most notorious junkie in U.S. can't hide evidence
  • Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2004 07:01:43 -0700

>Does anyone really care????

I care. Of man's many flaws, I despise hypocrisy.

heh, you must not even be able to watch politics then.

It is my obligation as a citizen to watch politicians and their programs no matter how much discomfort it causes. What is most depressing to me is that politicians so easily fool voters. Politicians are evolving and the masses are devolving. This is true because we have professional politicians and professional political operatives. When a high lifestyle depends on successful elections and the payoff warrants the cost, they do whatever is necessary to win. Those who have weakest ethics more easily win because they operate on the dictum that all is fair in politics. It has become very hard for a decent person to stand up to the ugly tactics of modern operatives engaged in election warfare. The only answer is for voters to think; to look beyond slogans and promises and repeated-to-the-point-of-nausea untruths that through repetition become accepted. Entrenched power is one of the uglies of our so-called civil-ization.