homestead - Re: [Homestead] Don't-

  • From: "Toni Hawryluk" <tonihawr AT msn.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Don't-
  • Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 08:13:24 -0700

Tvo complained :
>I don't mind the well-programmed and automatic logins---what I really
despise are newspapers that require you to manually log in every time
you call up their website.

Automatic, to me, means that they have retained
?somewhere? my ID for any hacker - - -

Manual, to me, means that my ID is 'out there' only
for the time I'm at *their* site - - -

And yes, I've 'heard' about Web-bots, but I subscribe
to the school of fish theory - with so many others
'around' me, until it's 'my turn', why volunteer for
'automatic' ? (actually, I don't volunteer at all - even
though, as Gene pointed out : the price of freedom .....
I volunteer for useful purposes)