homestead - [Homestead] Gr-r-r-r, If you're running XP, you've GOT to patch latest defect

  • From: Tvoivozhd <tvoivozd AT infionline.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Gr-r-r-r, If you're running XP, you've GOT to patch latest defect
  • Date: Sat, 02 Oct 2004 08:51:57 -0700

But it takes a combination of automatic and manual installations----you figure it out, I don't think I can. My daughter doesn't use her computer much at home, but furiously at work. An then there's the new laptop I am desperately trying to make as usable as possible but with as few applications that will make it so---what was regarded as a huge hard drive a couple years back, seems pitiful today at 40 gigs. My oldest boy straightened out a lot of my computer problems when he was here for a week, but he had to go back home. I hate to feel so dumb, but I think I will have to let my daughter figure it all out---probably should have bought Apple machines.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A64737-2004Oct1.html